Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A little profound thinking.

This statement came to me, this morning. "If I don't believe in myself, who will." I did a quick online search, to see if I had read it somewhere else. Although there were some similar quotes, and with the thinking that others will see you as you see yourself, none seemed to be exactly the same. The closest, and expanded version was one I liked. "I read and walked for miles at night along the beach, writing bad blank verse and searching endlessly for someone wonderful who would step out of the darkness and change my life. It never crossed my mind that that person could be me." Anna Quindlen Journalist, Novelist As we go through our day to day lives, we must present ourselves to the world. If our presentation is that of walking with our chin down, looking at the ground, then others will see us as shy, and not worth noticing. If walking with the head held high, eyes level with the world, with confidence, then we will be seen as confident and able. The trick, now, is to tell yourself that you are capable, and able to figure things out. Believe in yourself.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. I'm interviewing for a new position, it's all about attitude. I have a "can do" spirit, it's just not always out for the public to see!

    (I got a call-back..woo-hoo!)

    ReplyDelete