Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dreams

Dreams come and go. Sometimes you remember dreams and most are lost between asleep and awake. You can have heart pounding, instantly awake dreams which are very disturbing. Some dreams work out your day to day problems. That conversation you wish you didn't have. The conversation you wish you had had. The brilliant statements you wish you had said. Some dreams make you wonder if you should monitor your eating habits before going to bed. Some dreams reoccur and are clearly frustrating because the are unsolvable problems which rear their ugliness night after night, leaving you spent and, well, frustrated. Some of the dreams I have include a little levity in that I tell myself a joke and I wake up laughing. Other dreams are like viewing a movie. That is cool, however, I sometimes do not know how the movie ends, and I have no popcorn. Some dreams are just that, dreams. Dreams of unlimited wealth, living on a yacht, beauty, being wanted, without a care in the world. Sweet. Last nights dream was of beads. Particularly learning a new stitch. I believe this dream of doing the herringbone stitch is my mind telling me I need to move beyond my procrastination and picking up the needle and just do it. Hurrah for dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment